Conscious of the peoples wish and desire to form a federal unit with their erstwhile brethren in the entire south west region of Somalia
Aware of the current political impasse in Baidoa with regard to the political vision and association into one federal entity
Do stand firm in solidarity with the council of elders who have demonstrated their wish and by extension that of the community.
The following is our suggestions
1) We concur and support the council of Elders decision to stand firm. We call upon the elders not to compromise without valid reasons the peoples wish and their collective decision to institute Koonfur Galbeed (KG) of 6 south West regions of Somalia
2) Maintain and sustain the gains thus far achieved while being all inclusive. The process should in no way constitute violence, nor should the people be intimidated or forced to submit to political associations contrary and against their aspirations.
3) We uphold the right of the people in Baidoa to peaceably assemble as means of free speech at a place and time of their determination. We condemn any attempt to silence the peoples through intimidation or coercion.
4) We call upon the elders, as the legitimate body of the various clans, not to entertain wicked opinions complete with ill motive that goes against your political principle. Your authority and decisions as the grand council of elders is second to none. Any other body or organ that purports to challenge your authority is a threat to the people.
5) Individuals or groups not aligned with the people’s aspiration deserve no attention. At this critical stage, we advice that all participation by the opposition other than the Federal government and the Juba administration should be suspended.
By The 6 south West Community In Notrh America